spaghetti with prosciutto and artichoke
Pleased as punch note: this recipe has been given the Jamie Oliver seal of approval 🙂
A lightning fast pasta dinner. All those wonderful tasty ingredients coming together in a dish that allows you to taste each element yet come together as a varied and interesting whole. Fresh peas, salty prosciutto, meaty artichoke… lovely.
Spaghetti with prosciutto and artichoke:
5 slices of prosciutto, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
250ml white wine
250g artichokes, cut into rough chunks
2 tablespoons mascarpone
Grated zest of 1 lemon
A handful of frozen peas
2 teaspoons of finely chopped parsley
- Put the pasta on to cook according to the packet instructions.
- Fry the garlic and prosciutto in olive oil until edges of the meat is curled and browning.
- Add the white wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add seasoning.
- Add the lemon zest, peas and artichokes until warmed through.
- Add the mascarpone and allow to bubble a bit. Add a splash of water from the boiling pan to slacken if necessary.
- Add the drained pasta and season to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.