top 5 posts of 2014
There was a conscious change of focus on my part too, blogging less direct recipes of chefs and working on my own creations much more. It definitely results in less visitors, but I’d like to think those that hang around are more interested in what I have to say (or cook).
But here are the 5 things you read the most on the blog in 2014:
5. Heston Blumenthal’s triple cooked chips. People are fascinated in this technique. It’s painfully obvious when you think about it, but this three stage process does give the best chips.
4. Golden chicken with potato gratin and greens. This Jamie Oliver recipe is a perfect weeknight recipe.
3. Teriyaki rib eye steak with garlic fried rice. Fresh from a visit from the outstanding Matsuri St James, I came up with this sizzling steak recipe that really caught on with the StumbleUpon crowd.
2. Honey glazed Christmas ham. I guess people were searching for a Christmas treat and this one got their attention.
1. Tefal Actifry vs. Deep Fried Chips. I got hold of a deep fat fryer and an Actifry and set them to work against each other. Actifry were on a big push in Q4 2014 so people were keen to see what all the fuss was about.
Thanks for reading in 2014, and Happy New Year!